Drought is Here. Save Water.
Current Watering Schedule and Restrictions
Level 2 Water Shortage Restrictions
- When washing hard or paved surfaces, a hose with an automatic shut off device, or a low-volume high pressure cleaning machine that recycles used water must be used.
- Watering vegetated areas in a manner that causes excessive water flow or runoff onto an adjoining sidewalk, driveway, street, alley, gutter, or ditch is prohibited.
- Water leak repairs are to be completed within 72 hours.
- Automatic shut off nozzles must be used on hoses when washing vehicles.
- Decorative fountains must recirculate water
- Irrigation of landscape with an automatic sprinkler system is prohibited between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Hand watering using a container or a hose with an automatic shut-off nozzle is allowed during these hours.
- Irrigation of landscape with an automatic sprinkler system is limited to three days per week for residents and businesses.
- Restaurants may only serve water upon request.
- Hotel and lodging establishments must offer guests the chance to opt out of daily linen service.
Track Your Water Use with WaterSmart
The Town of Windsor is excited to introduce WaterSmart, the Town's new portal to help you better manage your water use and bill. By registering, you can view current and past water consumption, receive leak alerts, notifications and helpful water-saving tips.
- Residential Water Conservation
- Find helpful information about indoor and outdoor water saving strategies, rebate incentives for water using appliances, and more.
- Commercial / Business Water Conservation
- Information about free business water assessments, water saving equipment incentive programs, and more.
To reach out to Water Conservation staff, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.