Due to the Coronavirus emergency, all in-home visits have been suspended.
Come join us on the Town Green April 19 -24, 2021
12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. daily (click below for more information)
Earth Day - Town Green Community Garden Celebration
It's a Dry Year. Please Save Water.
Saving water is more important than ever. Last year’s rainfall was far lower than average in our region, and this year’s rainy season is also below average so far. Because of this, the water supply in our reservoirs is low. Recent rainfall has not alleviated the possibility that our region may be entering a drought.Water Supply Conditions - Please click this link to see water levels in Lake Mendocino and Lake Sonoma. Click here.
What You Can Do Now
- Turn off your irrigation until Spring. Plants need much less water during the winter. Manually water only when the soil below the surface is dry.
- Avoid watering landscapes during or within 48 hours following rainfall.
- Use recirculated water in fountains and other decorative water features.
- Replace turf with low-water-use plants. Please click this link for information on our Water Efficient Landscapes (WEL) Rebate Program. Click here.
- Sweep instead of using a hose to clean sidewalks, driveways, and other hard-surfaced areas.
- Use a shut-off nozzle on your hose when washing cars, boats, and other equipment.
- Only run full loads of laundry and dishes.
- Residential Water Conservation
- Find helpful information about indoor and outdoor water saving strategies, rebate incentives for water using appliances, and more.
- Commercial / Business Water Conservation
- Information about free business water assessments, water saving equipment incentive programs, and more.
To reach out to Water Conservation staff, please email us at: email@example.com.