PG&E Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS)
PG&E NEW Weather Forecasting Website in English.
Be Ready, Windsor!
Given the growing threat of extreme weather conditions, PG&E wants all of its customers to be prepared for potential power outages. If extreme fire danger conditions threaten a portion of the electric system serving our area, it may be necessary for PG&E to turn off electricity in the interest of public safety. This is called a Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS). If PG&E needs to turn off an electric line for safety, all customers who receive power from that line will be affected, including Medical Baseline Program customers.
Be ready to act if PG&E notifies you that a shutoff is possible. Keep emergency phone numbers handy and consider staying with a friend or relative during an outage. For information on how to prepare for a Power Shut Down or to sign up for Alerts, visit: Prepare for Power Down website in English and Spanish.
What do you need to do to prepare for possible loss of power?
- Make sure PG&E has your current contact information. Update your contact information with PG&E online or call (866) 743-6589. If you have lifesaving medical equipment:
- Check and update your emergency kit and supplies (include hard copies of critical information and life-saving prescriptions).
- Identify a place you can go to cool off, if necessary
- Have a back-up charging system for cell phones and keep devices fully charged at all times.
- Consider alternate power generation choices for your home or critical business systems. Be sure to follow all safety instructions for stand-alone power generators. See links below for more information:
- Learn how to manually open your garage door.
- Keep some cash on hand (credit/debit stations, and ATMs may be without power).
- Learn more about Public Safety Power Shutoffs in your area and work with your neighbors to make sure everyone is ready.
- Stay informed during disasters and sign up for alerts.
To learn more, please contact PG&E at 1-866-743-6589 and email@example.com or click on below links...
Town of Windsor Action Plan
The purpose of the Action Plan is to provide a framework for response activities and decision making. The Action Plan should not be considered hard and fast, but as a guideline than can and should be adjusted as conditions may require.
Attend an Event
Wed, Oct. 23, 2019
6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Bluebird Center at 25 Bluebird Court, Windsor
Eventbrite (English): https://pspsreadiness4windsor.eventbrite.com/
Eventbrite (Espanol): https://pspspreparacionparawindsor.eventbrite.com/