- Town Council
The Town Council consists of five elected Councilmembers. Every December, the Town Council re-organizes and will select a new Vice Mayor. Below is the Town of Windsor's Current Councilmembers:
Rosa Reynoza, Mayor
Sam Salmon, Vice Mayor, District 2
Mike Wall, Councilmember District 1
Debora Fudge, Councilmember District 3
Tanya Potter, Councilmember District 4
Council meetings are broadcast live on cable television (Comcast Channel 27 and AT&T U-verse Channel 99) from the Town of Windsor Council Chambers located at 9291 Old Redwood Highway, Bldg. 400, Windsor, CA 95492. The Town Council and Commissions welcomes your attendance and participation at its meetings. Videos from the meetings can be viewed at https://www.townofwindsor.com/721/Agendas-Minutes-Videos. Town Councilmembers may participate in the meetings via Zoom consistent with the provisions of Assembly Bill 361, which amended the Brown Act.
Beginning with the November 3, 2020, election, Town of Windsor Councilmembers are elected by a district-based election system. The At-large Mayor serves a two-year term, Councilmembers in Districts 1, 3, and 4 serve a four-year term and the Councilmember in District 2 serves a two-year term for the 2022 election but will serve a four-year term thereafter. The term expirations are staggered so that not all terms expire at the same time. See the transition to district-based elections below.
- The "At-large" district-based Mayor seat was elected during the 2020 General Municipal Election and will continue to be elected every two-years thereafter.
- The Councilmember District 3 seat was elected during the 2020 General Municipal Election and will continue to be elected every four-years thereafter.
- The two-year "At-large" Mayor seat will be up for election at this election.
- Town Council seats from Town Council Districts 1 and 4 shall be elected at the November 2022 General Municipal Election, and every four-years thereafter.
- Town Council seats from Town Council District 2 shall be elected at the November 2022 General Municipal Election for a two-year term and at the November 2024 election will serve every four-year terms thereafter.
Regularly scheduled Council meetings are held the first and third Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m. in the Town Hall Council Chambers, located at 9291 Old Redwood Highway, Building 400, Windsor, CA 95492. During regular sessions, the Town Council can take action in several ways. The Council may adopt an ordinance or Town law. Ordinances usually take effect 30 days following their adoption and become part of the Town's Municipal Code. The Council may amend or repeal an ordinance by adopting another ordinance.
The Council may also pass a resolution to express policy direction or make a public statement. The Council passes a motion to approve or deny a proposed action, such as the award of a bid. The Consent Calendar allows for routine business items for which no special study or discussion is expected. Councilmembers may remove items from the Consent Calendar for discussion if they choose.
In special meetings or workshops, Town staff may present to the Council with detailed briefings on a variety of issues. Councilmembers discuss various topics, ask questions and give staff direction on how to proceed.
Council does occasionally meet in Closed Session, which is not open to the public. By law, the Council can only discuss certain items of business during these sessions. These topics include personnel matters, property acquisition, and disposition, and legal advice on matters of litigation or potential litigation.
Town Council Contact
Phone: (707) 838-1000