The following activities sponsored by your Neighborhood Watch group can improve your community's safety and well-being.
- Conduct home security surveys and mark your valuables using the guidelines in the Operation Identification brochure. Remember to include any elderly and/or disabled neighbors.
- Organize citizen patrols to alert deputies about crime and suspicious activities in your neighborhood.
- Create a phone number resource list for your Neighborhood Watch group so you can quickly contact each other in emergency situations.
- Publish a local newsletter that provides local crime news, crime prevention tips, and recognizes the accomplishments of Neighborhood Watch members.
- Have meetings that educate members about:
- Isolation of the elderly
- Drug abuse
- Disaster preparedness
- Crimes that are occurring at schools or parks in the community
- After-school programs
- Child safety
- Victim services
- Issues that are important to your Neighborhood Watch group